A SIXTY-YEAR LEGACY OF DISTINCTION
In 1957, when Jim & Pat Carter opened a real estate firm in White Stone, the region was only a couple of dozen years removed from when steamboats came calling, moving people and cargo in the time-honored, centuries-old way – by water. The Carters opened their real estate firm in the center of the village of White Stone. Just a mile or two away, the Robert O. Norris Bridge, a two-mile span across the Rappahannock River, also opened, replacing the old ferry service. The bridge made the lower Northern Neck more accessible by road, but still, the deeply historic peninsula remained a land apart. It developed slowly as a destination locale. Few people detoured from major highways simply to pass through, but those who did were likely to return.
Jim and Pat fell in love with the charm and beauty of the region – its beaches and deep-water harbors, its broad rivers and meandering creeks, its forests, fields and fine homes. Together they explored every country road of this peninsula, which is dotted with finely preserved homes and estates from all of our nation’s eras. They even restored one of the area’s earliest homes Muskettoe Pointe Farm for their ever-growing family.
Family-owned, Jim & Pat Carter Real Estate, Inc. is still located in White Stone. As a distinguished, independent real estate brokerage firm in the Chesapeake Bay region, Jim & Pat Carter Real Estate, Inc. is unequaled in regional knowledge and marketing expertise. The professional team feels a tremendous sense of legacy and is dedicated to maintaining the tradition of integrity, reliability, and satisfaction. Our clients are our friends and neighbors. We share their concerns and values. We are grateful for their trust as we assist them in the decision-making that achieves their goals.
Please visit and share our tradition.